Fort Cornwallis, Lebuh Light
The year was 1786 when Captain Francis Light first landed in Penang at this spot. The ramparts overlook the northern Channel and at its north-western point, a 1603 Dutch cannon called 'Seri Rambai' is believed to improve the fertility of women who place flowers on its barrel. Today, only the outer walls of the fort remain and a history gallery and handicraft centre are now located in the fort. Opens daily.
Jalan Tun Syed Sheh Barakbah 10200 George Town Malaysia